With weather finally starting to cooperate around here, we're getting OUTSIDE more often. Imagine that! After dropping Ben off at pre-school on Monday, Joey and I headed to downtown St. Charles to walk along the Missouri River and in the Katy Trail State Park. The trail runs throughout the state and is a part of the old Missouri-Kansas-Texas railroad line that is no longer used. St. Charles used to be a stop, so there's a depot and 2 caboose cars sitting in the park. Joe loves trains. Well, really anything with wheels! I snapped a few pictures of him walking around on the train tracks. Don't worry - they are not used anymore! :-) We had to high-tail it out of there though. A big festival wrapped up the night before and lots of semis and other vehicles were along the trail doing the tear-down. We pretty much got chased down the trail by a semi trying to back out!
I've really been enjoying my one-on-one time with Joey, and I think that it's allowing our mommy-son relationship to grow. I feel the closer he gets to two (which happens Sept. 12th), the more "mature" he is getting. He loves driving all of his vehicles around the whole house, singing the ABCs, and drawing on the Magna-Doodle. These days will go by too fast; I hope I'm taking the time to enjoy each one with him.




Comments
Post a Comment