Skip to main content

That Growing Girl

Hannah is now 8 1/2 months and developing leaps and bounds.  First, here are some favorite pictures of her from our photo session with Anitra K Photography at the end of October!  I might be ever so slightly biased, but we've got one gorgeous little girl.

 
I feel like she's changed so much in the last few weeks.  One big one is that she's kind of crawling now!  For all intents and purposes, she's been mobile for awhile now via rolling and could get anywhere she wanted.  But here in the last 2 weeks she started pseudo-army crawling.  She's not fast, but she scooches forward wherever she wants to go.  Just today she was able to get into a sitting position from being on her back.  She has cut the front-bottom two teeth (about the same age as Ben) and didn't have too much trouble with them.  She hasn't had any separation anxiety yet but does whine for Mommy if Hannah spots me while she's being held by someone else (even Daddy, uh oh!).
 
The other big development is self-feeding.  For fun, I tried feeding her bits of Cheerios about 2-3 weeks ago and she really liked them, so much so that she'd lunge at my hand with her mouth gaping wide to get the next nibble.  I put some on her high chair tray and it took about a day for her to start getting them toward and into her mouth.  I was astounded, as her brothers before her were SOOO lazy and didn't learn how to self-feed till I made them around a year old (or later... ahem).  I started trying other bits of food and she loves it all, so much so that it seems like jarred baby food is on the way out.  While it's great on the pocket book, convenience has now gone out the window.

Besides Cheerios, she has been nibbling on those baby snack staples of yogurt and fruit/veggie melts, as well as green beans, peas, mango, strawberry, ground beef, bread, pancake, and pasta.  For the pasta, I found little teeny tiny stars (like you'd find in Campbell's Chicken n Stars soup) so I don't even have to cut those up.  They are the perfect size to sprinkle on her tray.  I tried banana, but the more she tried to pick it up the gooey-er it got was too slippery to get in her hand.  We've been working here and there on the sippy cup too, but she doesn't really care about it quite yet. 
 
We will go to the doctor later this month for a 9 month check-up.  I'm excited to see how our girl is growing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog