Ben and Joey LOVE pancakes! I found a recipe to make them from scratch because I wanted to use whole grain white flour (comes in two 10 pound bags from Costco for less than $10 and love it!). Plus, it's SO STINKING EASY. The result is better than boxed mix!
To make the batter, mix these dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl:
1 c flour
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbs brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Then mix in the wet ingredients:
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 c milk
1 egg
This yields about 6 average size pancakes.
I learned a long time ago that the key to a perfect pancake, besides a lot of butter (heehee!) is keeping the flame low. When you see the bubbles on top, it's about time to flip.
Awhile back I made up a whole batch of "pancake mix" that I kept in a gallon ziplock bag. I multiplied the dry ingredients by five. You will then use 1 1/4 cup of "mix" to which you add the wet ingredients each time. It was a huge time saver instead of having to measure all that random stuff out each time.
We like to doctor up our pancakes around here: not only do you need syrup, but you need really cool Cubs plates AND sprinkles!! We put sprinkles on a lot of things around here.
To make the batter, mix these dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl:
1 c flour
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbs brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Then mix in the wet ingredients:
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 c milk
1 egg
This yields about 6 average size pancakes.
I learned a long time ago that the key to a perfect pancake, besides a lot of butter (heehee!) is keeping the flame low. When you see the bubbles on top, it's about time to flip.
Awhile back I made up a whole batch of "pancake mix" that I kept in a gallon ziplock bag. I multiplied the dry ingredients by five. You will then use 1 1/4 cup of "mix" to which you add the wet ingredients each time. It was a huge time saver instead of having to measure all that random stuff out each time.
We like to doctor up our pancakes around here: not only do you need syrup, but you need really cool Cubs plates AND sprinkles!! We put sprinkles on a lot of things around here.
And then upon serving these to your little ones, they will give you thumbs up like this! Pay no attention to Joey's sour face. This was about the 12th picture I had to take of him because he kept moving too much and blurring the picture. :-)
Comments
Post a Comment