Skip to main content

Pre-School Open House


This morning I took Joey (and his 2 counterparts) to pre-school to visit his soon-to-be classroom and teachers!  It seems like just yesterday that I was taking Ben for the same thing (in actuality, it was about 733 yesterdays ago).  Time flies.  Incidentally, Joey is wearing the same shirt Ben did too... somehow I remembered this fact and dressed him in it on purpose.  Insert sheepish grin here.

I'm excited for Joey to socially develop this year.  When his teacher visited our home 2 weeks ago, she asked me what my goals for Joey this year.  When I thought about it, 3 of the 4 were social in nature.  Around this house, Joey wears the pants in the Ben/Joey relationship.  Hopefully putting this "big fish" in a "bigger pond" will help.  I also hope that he can learn to ease up on some of his issues with things getting dirty.  He hates spilling, dropping things on the floor, getting things on his hands; in other words, anything that creates a mess makes him flip out.

Back to the open house!  Same classroom, same teachers, same format!  We had a scavenger hunt list to explore the classroom and find the different activity centers.  It is a great way for the kids to get acquainted with the room.  Ben was really excited to help show his little bro around his former classroom.  He was a bit too helpful sometimes too and I had to pull him back so Joey could do/find/explore on his own.
The list!  Joey really liked when I checked things off.

Found his cubby!  He is in the "bluebird" class that meets T/Th from 8:30-11:30

Found the classroom job chart. 

Building 

 Found the instruments and a little friend who will be in his class!

Joey and Ben check out the rice table 

 After completing the scavenger hunt, Joey got a pom-pom from Mrs. Leukenhaus to put in the jar.  They get a class reward when the jar fills up.

Joey wanted to play in the kitchen more before we left... I think it's because he loved the kid-sized oven mitts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog