We painted the boys' basement bedroom on Saturday. I unfortunately don't have a picture of the finished paint color at the moment. It used to be baby blue on top, navy blue on the bottom, and had a lighthouse wallpaper border in the middle. I originally thought we'd just replace the wallpaper border with something sports themed, but I could only find it online and would have cost over $60 because of the amount we needed and the shipping. I found a paint color I liked, a baby blue with a hint of gray to it. Because we were doing a light color over the navy blue, we opted for a paint/primer all-in-one and it was a lifesaver. It covered in one coat plus touch-ups. I did all the trim/ceiling work and Andrew did the much more physical roller-ing. I've done one round of touch-ups but still found more spots last night, so I guess round two comes today!
Then, yesterday night, something spectacular happened.
I went to Hobby Lobby to look for sports decor for the room. I figured they'd have a little something. It was impromptu. It was not planned ahead. I didn't even have a coveted 40% off coupon with me. When I showed up, I saw an entire WALL of sports decor, and it was 50% off.
A Hobby Lobby Miracle!! Look how cute it all is!! How does a Mommy choose?!!
I did buy some stuff... I went with metal plates that have a vintage-y look to them and a baseball switchplate. We're building the bunk beds this weekend and decor will go up once I see the beds in the room and figure out where everything else is gonna go. I took the pictures for reference so I can go back and get more if I think I need it. I also have a little "repurposing a media stand" project to do next so there is a pesudo nightstand next to the bed. Picutres to come soon!
Comments
Post a Comment