Skip to main content

5 Months

5 months (21 weeks in this picture)
I'm 21 weeks now and a bit more than halfway through this pregnancy, and that baffles me.  Overall I'm still feeling really well, other than the fact that I'm getting tired earlier in the day now.  I'm not really sleepy because I get good sleep at night, but my body literally aches with exhaustion.  I need a good rest in the afternoon once schooling and lunch are over, and then I'm usually stick-a-fork-in-me-done somewhere between dinnertime and when the boys go to bed at 8:00. 

Baby girl has a name:  Hannah.  It's nothing brand new; we've always had that name in our stash but haven't had the opportunity to use it till now!  Still working on the middle name though.  She even has a Precious Moments Jesus Loves Me cross, personalized with her name, that my mom bought yeaaaars ago at a discount store... just because it was there, she knew we loved the name, and maybe someday I'd get to use it!! 

And speaking of Hannah (ahh, still is so WEIRD to say it!), her strength and activity level has picked up in the last couple of weeks.  I occasionally feel her move around if I'm walking around.  But the second I recline or lay down, she becomes a wiggle worm.  Andrew was able to feel her kick the other day!  I also had Ben try to feel her when she was particularly active in one spot.  He said he felt it, but I'm not convinced.  Hannah also has her first two wardrobe items.  My supersweet friend Hayli in Atlanta mailed us a little springy outfit, and I nabbed her a long-sleeved onesie that is pink and says mommy loves me.  We'll have to get clothes for her for about the first 2-3 months, and after that we're looking forward to cousin Kaylie's hand-me-downs!

The boys wanted to take pictures of kissing my belly... Ben always wants to kiss and hug Hannah.  Joey just likes to copy.  :-)
Ben loves Hannah a lot already!
Love how Joey looks like he's taking a bite out of an apple!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog