Skip to main content

Springfield!

We had a fun mini-getaway this weekend with Andrew's family to Springfield, IL.  Auntie Rachel and Uncle Brad didn't have much time they could take off work, so we just stayed close to home.  We started Friday with an early lunch at the Cozy Dog, which is an old Route 66 burger joint that is famous for their corn dogs (YUM!).  Ben and Joe enjoyed their very first corn dogs a lot!


I enjoyed the giant mound of fries.  Don't worry... I didn't eat them all myself!

After lunch we went to Knight's Action Water Park.  The weather and water were perfect and it wasn't crowded at all!!  This was the first swim of the season for Ben and Joe, so they were slow to warm up to the water.  By the time we left mid-afternoon, they didn't want to go!  Ben liked the lazy river (but he'd only ride on a tube with someone, not by himself).  Joey liked the kid pool that was about 1 1/2 feet deep. 

We spent the afternoon resting up in our hotel rooms, had some dinner, and went back to Knight's Action Park for mini golf... multiple rounds of mini golf b/c of our pool bracelet!!  It was Joey's first time to play and he LOVED it.
Joey always dragged his putter around behind him; it was awfully cute!!
 Joe is our hot and sweaty kid, so after golf I took him into the bathroom to put water on his head.  Here he is, exhausted after our long day, watching Daddy, Ben, and Uncle Brad drive go karts.  :-)

On Saturday, Ben and Joey went with Grandma and Grandpa to the Illinois State Museum (which was very kid friendly) while Andrew, Rachel, Brad, and I went to the amazzzzing new Abraham Lincoln Museum.  As a historian by degree, I highly highly recommend it... one of the best museums I've been to!!  After a lunch at D'Arcy's Pint (amazing too!), we strolled the mall, and went home.  Fun times!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog