Skip to main content

Road Construction and a Good Bye

Have I mentioned that our street is under construction?  It will be widened to accommodate a center turn lane and add sidewalks (hooray!).  We'll also have better visibility and a safer drive down the hills heading to both Cave Springs and Zumbehl Roads.  While we were in Minnesota, our neighbor called to tell us that the construction guys took 1 large and 2 small trees.  We're not sad; it's less to rake up every fall (and spring when the maple sheds its twirlybird thingies).  They didn't give our house any shade either b/c they were alltoo far.  Most importantly, it's provided the kids with great entertainment!  Yesterday this [insert proper construction vehicle name here] was scooping and smoothing the dirt around the maple stump.


My friend Heather and her family will be moving to Virginia next week, and today was our good bye.  Heather and I first met in the fall of 2006 when we were studying The Mission of Motherhood together in the Bible study program that I still attend.  I remember that she and her husband had just recently committed their lives to Christ.  Over the last 5 years it has been a privilege and blessing to participate in many Bible studies with her and see her grow in her walk with the Lord and to impart these truths to her three precious kids.  I will miss her quick wit and sarcasm, smile, and cinnamon bread and lattes.  :-)  Love you Heather, and perfect the art of southern sweet tea so we can drink it on your porch when I make it out to visit you some day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog