Skip to main content

Leaving In a Blue Van

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm waiting here inside my door
I hate to tell my friends good bye
But dawn'll break in the early morn
Blue van is ready Andrew'll will be blowin' the horn
I am so excited for Mount Carmel, I could cry

So buckle in the boys and smile for me
Hey Andrew, please wait for me
Drive the Avenue of the Saints as far as it will go

Cause I'm leavin' in a blue van
I hope I can get a tan
Maybe I'll find a canoe in which I can row

There's so many times I've left this town
So many places we go to play around
I tell you now, it's no fun to wait
Every place we go, we have fun
Every place we go, there is some sun
When I come back, there will be playdates

Cause I'm leavin' in a blue van
I hope I can get a tan
Maybe I'll find a canoe in which I can row

 
Mount Carmel Ministries in Alexandria, Minnesota is the Christian Family Camp Andrew has been attending each summer since he was a little boy.  He worked on staff for 3 summers while in college, and he invited me to work there one summer too (before we were even dating).  We've been back most of the 8 years Andrew and I have been together as a couple, only taking "time off" for high-maintenance babies. Words can't describe the amazing atmosphere and presence of God in this place, and it means so much to us individually and as a family.  Before we get to Alexandria, we are spending the night in Minneapolis to do some hotel swimming and visit the Mall of America.  We can't wait!  See last year's pictures here

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog