Skip to main content

Snowed In

We had a pretty major snowfall - about 9 inches - Wednesday night into Thursday, so we have been snowed in!  Pretty much every school district in the St. Louis area called off Thursday, and Andrew got to stay home again today we think because of the subzero temps this morning. 
I love the plume of snow on top of the light!

 Andrew and I teamed up yesterday and each shoveled half the side driveway that we park on.  Andrew also shoveled a path down the front driveway so we can get to the mailbox.  :-)
 So we spent the day indoors... Joey passed the time by doing some paint-by-water.
Andrew and Ben spent time playing a 90s board game that Andrew acquired via Ebay called "Battle Masters."  Ben totally beat Andrew.  We were both so impressed he picked up on the rules so well!
And I passed the time by making my Grandma's homemade dumplings and stew for dinner.  It's so hearty and sticks to the ribs and warms you up on cold snowy days.  I felt like little momma on the prairie or something because the dough is mixed by hand and ends up very dense with flour... by the end it's hard to stir.  It made me think of how glad I am to live in the age of technology so I don't have to do things like mix everything by hand and scrub our clothes against washboards to get them clean!!
Dumplings!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog