Skip to main content

Joe's First ER Visit

Andrew and I experienced a parental rite-of-passage today:  first trip to the ER for a kid.  And ever since Joey's personality developed into one of adventure, curiosity, and action, I knew he'd be the first one to go in!  :-)

We were all bundled up and leaving our MOPS meeting this morning when he tripped getting ready to go up the stairs and hit his chin on the bottom step.  I saw a small smear of blood on his nose and assumed it was from his mouth, like he bit his lip or something.  But there was no blood in his mouth, so we walked out.  Then I noticed more smeared blood on his chin and that there were wet spots on his navy blue coat.  I saw the little gash on his chin, and while it wasn't bleeding a lot it was definitely one to call the pediatrician about from the parking lot.  The nurse insisted we go to the ER (I really think going to the office would have sufficed, but whatever).  Called Andrew at school and he met us at the hospital.  I figured we would be there awhile so I drove through McDonald's to get the boys lunch on the way, so we brought that in with us too! 

The ER was completely quiet and the doctor came in to see us within 10 minutes of getting settled in the exam room.  Joe was a perfect little patient and laid so still while the doctor glued his chin back together (whew! to no stitches!).  Ben was a rock-star in the room too and was so quiet.  It certainly helped to have Max and Ruby on the tv in the exam room! 
Ben was a great photographer!
All patched up!  Brave little man!
Everything went so quickly that the boys weren't even done eating lunch when we were discharged.  We sat in the lobby of the ER to finish up the "noo-netts and foo fies" (Joe speak for nuggets and french fries).
Too distracted to eat lunch.  He was definitely feeling better!

Comments

  1. Poor little guy. See what happens when you read my blog? LOL I am glad he is okay. We have had our fair share of the glue here and it does a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog