Skip to main content

Frustrating Day

This has been a blah weekend so far.  Andrew had to take a couple high school orchestra kids to the All-Suburban Orchestra rehearsal last night and didn't get home till about 10:00.  Then he was out the door at 7:20 this morning to take middle school choir kids to their All-Suburban event all day today.  He should be home in the next hour.  This kind of thing doesn't bother me really because plenty of husbands have far worse demands with their jobs.  What frustrated me today was stupid anxiety!

A little over a year ago I began taking some medicine to control anxiety that was really affecting my life.  It worked great!  So great, in fact, that my doctor wanted me to wean off in the late summer.  That went great and I was only taking about a half pill twice a week just to keep the physical withdrawal symptoms (dizzyness) at bay.  But when December hit, with gloomier days and an extremely busy music director of a husband, I could tell I needed to be on the meds a little more frequently again. I realized that I should have taken a pill YESTERDAY when I woke up this morning.  I was a little overwhelmed with the thought of Andrew being gone ALL day again!  My stomach was upset, I had no appetite, and I had a headache.  I passed the early morning by on the telephone... first with Andrew, and then a couple of girlfriends who know it helps me to be on the phone (in other words, distracted).  At 9:30, a friend who I haven't seen in a while came over with her boys because her hubby was also at work today, and the kids played while we chatted.  We actually planned it yesterday and I'm so glad!!  I felt significantly better after that, and took a nap while Joey napped and Ben played some Wii.  I've not been getting enough sleep lately and sleep deprivation ALWAYS contributes to anxiety for me. 

Lesson learned:  take the pill a little more often, and go to bed at a reasonable hour.  And maybe win the lotto so Andrew never has to work again!  Ha!

Comments

  1. Can I get in on winning the lotto too so my Andrew can stop working? LOL I feel your pain, mine teaches all week then works his second job every Saturday from 7:30 to 7 and every other Sunday from 7:30-4. I agree that next time you need to take the pill when you first feel an attack coming on, they are no fun. :( I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog