Skip to main content

Bible in a Year

In December 2009, Andrew and I reflected on the fact that we really struggled with regularly reading the Bible.  We decided to follow a 1 year reading plan to read the whole Bible in one year.  And guess what?  I did it!!  My type-A personality LOVES structure and order, and I wasn't doing well on my own.  Having a list to check off really gave the accountability I needed to keep going. 

The biggest thing I took from this experience has been tying together Old Testament family groupings and lineage.  Since I was reading through it so quickly, I easily made the connections between books and stories.  And more than that, I created a habitual time of reading my Bible.  I didn't always read all the material each night.  When I fell behind, I'd just read extra for a few days to catch up.  But now it's ingrained in my daily routine to curl up with my cute little pink Bible for some time with my Savior!

I had such a great time with it that I am going to do it again this year, but this time with a different plan that I got from bibleblog.notgrass.com.  A link to the PDF document is at the bottom of the blog post.  I am looking forward to a bit more of a challenge, as this one will have me go through the OT once and the NT three, count 'em three, times!  Here's to a great year in His Word!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog