Skip to main content

O Christmas Tree

Christmas came out of the boxes today and our house is finally festive.  Getting the tree up was the last item on the agenda.  Andrew, Joey, and I assembled our tree and everyone participated in putting ornaments up.  I grew up with a tree that was full of sentimental ornaments and have continued that in our family.  We use multi colored lights and have a hodge podge of ornaments:  some that are as old as we are, and maybe a couple even older.  I think trees with color coordinating ornaments placed "just so" are so pretty, but with so many beloved ornaments I just can't hide them!  Maybe if we had a bigger house with more room for another tree I'd do one.  But until then, I enjoy our tree full of memories. 
 
"Hmmm, what do I play with next?"
(although she's quite scared of animatronic Snoopy)
 
 
 
This is the kind of ornament you get from the younger siblings when you're the big sis!  It's dated 1993.  Ashley was 4 and Mike and Michelle were 1 1/2 at that time.  Now Ashley is 24 and Mike and Michelle are 21!  I'm old. 
 
My Grandma, who died in 1990, was so wise to give us ornaments that she dated and signed.  They were always simple and inexpensive, but are more treasured to me than most of the other ornaments hanging on the tree.
 
I made these in Girl Scouts back in the day... the one on the right has a surprise on the back...

My fifth grade picture!!  YIKES.

Heehee...
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Fun! My tree is a combo of "just so" and sentimental, we will probably have to do 2 trees in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the tree. I love looking at all the old ornaments from many years ago. Of course, I do have a penguin only tree! Love, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog