I've been a mom for 7 1/2 years now, and for almost the first six years of that time I was purely a boy mom. Boys have been new territory for me as [newsflash] I'm a girl, I have 3 sisters, and my first and only brother wasn't born until I was 11. When we found out at the 20 week ultrasound our first would be a boy, I eagerly welcomed the foreign world of vehicles, sports, and diaper changing squirt paranoia!
But [newsflash again], boys are different from girls. People can claim nurture over nature till they are blue in the face, but my almost 2 year old daughter has all the boy stuff around her and still is a girly girl who loves bracelets, purses, and baby dolls. And because this world of boys has been new to me, I've made many a visit to the MOB Society - Mothers of Boys - blog for encouragement and wisdom in leading my sweet, energetic boys today so they will one day be godly husbands, fathers, and leaders for their generation.
One of the founders of MOB Society, Brooke McGlothlin has authored and co-authored a few books now, one of which I blogged about last year actually. I love her down-to-earth authenticity, Biblical wisdom, and desire to help and encourage boy moms.
So when she asked for her readers to come along side and help launch the January 7th release of her book, Praying for Boys, I jumped at the chance! I was selected and now get to help share more info about this new release.
The book will be available January 7th, but if you pre-order ahead of time, you'll also get a whole bunch of other goodies for free! Click the pic to get the information you need!!
Stay tuned for more news regarding Praying For Boys. I'm excited to get my hands on it in a few weeks!! Those around me know how I struggle in my prayer life, and I'm looking forward to having a structured resource at my fingertips to help me lift Ben and Joey up to the Lord.


Comments
Post a Comment