Skip to main content

Convos with Joey

Joey's Self Portrait
Have you seen the YouTube videos called Convos With My Two Year Old?  It's a series of videos of the conversations between a dad and his 2 year old reenacted by said dad and another grown man in the place of the 2 year old!  They are hilarious!  There are 2 "seasons" now so if you check them out, make sure you start with the first set of episodes.  We've only seen season 1 so far and those were all family-friendly.  Ben and Joey thought they were great!
 
In the spirit of those video clips, I feel like we could create our own series called Convos with Joey.  His brain is constantly spinning and he's really starting to make sense of the world around him and he can't keep it in.  And sometimes he just says plain old silly stuff.  I had to share a few recent highlights. 
 
Scene:  Chilly day.  Joey is watching cars drive by.
Joey:  A little science here.  Did you know that a car swallows up air and spits smoke out the back?! 
 
Scene:  I-70, driving past the airport.  Joey:  What is that tower?
Mom:  That's the control tower.
Joey:  Does it control the whole world?  That is AWESOME!
 
Scene:  Driving in the car.
Ben:  I know.  Let's play the alphabet game!  I'm on a trip and I'm taking the Ameristar.
Dad:  I'm taking the Ameristar and bubbles.
Mom:  I'm taking the Ameristar, bubbles, and cough drops.
Joey:  I'm taking a ball.
Ben:  Waaaaaaaaah he's not playing right. 
Joey:  I just don't understand this game.
Mom:  Ok, skip Joey. 
Ben:  I'm taking Ameristar, bubbles, cough drops, Denny's
Dad:  I'm taking Ameristar, bubbles, cough drops, Denny's and Embassy Suites
[can you tell where we're at given the locations we keep using?]
Joey:  You're skipping my turn!  I still don't understand the game.
Dad:  You say everything that we said, then say a word with the next letter of the alphabet.
Joey:  Oh ok, I get it.
Mom:  Ok Joey, go ahead.
Joey:  I'm taking a ball.
Game over.  Mom turns on the radio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog