We went to Andrew's staff Christmas (ahem, public school) holiday party on Friday night, hosted at the beautiful home of one of his colleagues. Everyone had to bring appetizers and I wanted to make something nicer than the typical chips 'n dip fare you bring to a Superbowl party.
I went a-pinterest-ing and at first didn't find much... it seemed like all the pins had super fancy ingredients including cheeses whose names I cannot pronounce. I did come across a pin for "Mini Apps" from Pillsbury and thought they would work.
If you go to the page you'll find several different meat/veggie/herb/cheese combos, and I made two: Caprese (crescent roll, mozzarella, fresh basil, halved grape tomato) and Cheese and Pimento Olive (crescent roll, swiss, and green olive).
It was a pretty easy venture:
1. Open the crescent roll dough and press the triangles together to make 4 separate rectangles.
2. Roll them into "snakes."
3. Cut off little "pillows" and bake.
4. Prep other ingredients and assemble!
They were really yummy, festive looking (red and green, yay!), and went over really well at the party. I recommend them if you need to make an app for your next Christmas gathering!
I went a-pinterest-ing and at first didn't find much... it seemed like all the pins had super fancy ingredients including cheeses whose names I cannot pronounce. I did come across a pin for "Mini Apps" from Pillsbury and thought they would work.
If you go to the page you'll find several different meat/veggie/herb/cheese combos, and I made two: Caprese (crescent roll, mozzarella, fresh basil, halved grape tomato) and Cheese and Pimento Olive (crescent roll, swiss, and green olive).
It was a pretty easy venture:
1. Open the crescent roll dough and press the triangles together to make 4 separate rectangles.
2. Roll them into "snakes."
3. Cut off little "pillows" and bake.
4. Prep other ingredients and assemble!
They were really yummy, festive looking (red and green, yay!), and went over really well at the party. I recommend them if you need to make an app for your next Christmas gathering!
Comments
Post a Comment