Skip to main content

Another Report by Hannah

Goooo gooo, aaaooooooooooo, bbbbbbbbth.  Burp.

Translation:
Hi, it's Hannah here checking in at 5 months old!  I haven't reported to you myself since I was just 3 weeks old (check it out here!), but I have been pretty busy.  

My day is pretty predictable:  wake up between 6-7 am, have bottle, play, nap.  Repeat 4 more times until bedtime about 8 pm.  My reflux is much more under control and I can now use the medium bottle nipples.  Mom is very thankful for that because the 40 minute feeding sessions were getting to be a bit much for her sanity (only because my brothers need a lot of refereeing and she was stuck).  Now that it only takes me 10 minutes I don't get bored and actually drink more!

Sticky Fingers Scott getting ready for a life of crime
During my playtime I really really love to watch my brothers, especially Ben because he gives me the more attention and he makes me giggle.  He even reads me bedtime stories!  Dad predicts that Ben and I will have a very special bond and Joey will terrorize me.  My neighbor Miss Stephanie said that's how it was with her two older brothers!  If I'm not eating or focused on a toy, my hands are in my mouth.  I also put other people's hands in my mouth too because I'm not picky about those things.  I'm starting to reach for things that I shouldn't so Mom is training my brothers to keep stuff away from me.  In the last week when Mom rocks me before sleeping, I sing myself to sleep.  She melts every time.  I get super excited when I see people I love!  I can't contain myself and shake all over, smile from ear to ear, and kick my feet like crazy.  I am also a gold medal back-archer.  I started wearing size 3 diapers this week and wear 6 and 6-9 month clothes.

I don't roll over yet.  But, I was able to sit up unassisted for about 30 seconds the other day!  How's that for out of order?  

I also slow-danced jr. high style with my boyfriend at church, Nolan.  He's an older man - 10 months old!  Don't tell his other girlfriend Ginger that we did this as she might get jealous.  Mr. Jay (not Nolan's dad; he's a friend) was helping Nolan dance with me and he said we had to leave room for Jesus in between us.  :-)

And, my parents insisted that I start solid foods today.  I could have started earlier but with all our travels they thought it was easier to have one less thing to worry about on our trips.  I did great with the first tablespoon, but after that I started making faces and spitting everything out.  I think they're going to make me try again tomorrow.  Groan.  On a sentimental note, my brothers used the same high chair, spoon, and bowl when they were babies.  My mom is cheap frugal like that.



Thanks for checking in on me as I grow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog