Just a little mid-month report in. I saw my doctor last week and everything was just peachy! She's still head-down and my belly continues to measure in the 45th percentile, which makes a baby in the 7 pound range. I really want to believe the man, but he estimated Joey would be born at 8 pounds and the child came out at 9! :-) I will go back in on Feb. 2nd, he will do an internal exam to see if anything has happened yet, and from that point on I will go in once a week till delivery. In the past he's wanted me to have late-term ultrasounds to get an idea of the baby's size. But he hasn't said anything about that yet, and I bet it's because my pelvis proved what it's capable of with that porky Baby Joey!
Speaking of the old pelvis, it hurts!! Either she's getting some length on her or she's dropping a bit, but it feels like she's driving her little head into the most narrow part. I'm still stuffy and sniffly, and I'm just assuming I will be this way until Hannah is born. Generally speaking, I am still sleeping well... when I actually sleep! The last few nights I've woken up for one reason or another and then haven't been able to fall back asleep. It's made for some really long days where I'm pretty much ineffective at everything. Last night I slept the whole way through AND the boys both slept in, so I'm feeling extra great today.
I bought a special coming-home outfit for her - nothing fancy, but it's soft and cozy for a newborn, and brand new just for her. She also has a matching headband given to us by a friend (that's you, Rachel V.!) that Daddy can't wait to put on her head on coming home day. I know for a fact that he's more excited about headbands than I am!! It's very very cute... he already is smitten with the idea of having a daughter and the man will be putty in her tiny little hands!
I am incredibly thankful that Ben and Joey are so good for me during the day. All three of us definitely have our ugly moments, but that's to be expected. I'm very glad that Ben and I are accomplishing all of our homeschool tasks, but instead of concentrating it all into the morning hours it's broken up over the course of the day now. It's much more manageable for us all at this point, and probably is a more realistic picture of what will happen after Hannah is born and we pick back up again.
That's it for now... more to come soon I'm sure!
Speaking of the old pelvis, it hurts!! Either she's getting some length on her or she's dropping a bit, but it feels like she's driving her little head into the most narrow part. I'm still stuffy and sniffly, and I'm just assuming I will be this way until Hannah is born. Generally speaking, I am still sleeping well... when I actually sleep! The last few nights I've woken up for one reason or another and then haven't been able to fall back asleep. It's made for some really long days where I'm pretty much ineffective at everything. Last night I slept the whole way through AND the boys both slept in, so I'm feeling extra great today.
I bought a special coming-home outfit for her - nothing fancy, but it's soft and cozy for a newborn, and brand new just for her. She also has a matching headband given to us by a friend (that's you, Rachel V.!) that Daddy can't wait to put on her head on coming home day. I know for a fact that he's more excited about headbands than I am!! It's very very cute... he already is smitten with the idea of having a daughter and the man will be putty in her tiny little hands!
That's it for now... more to come soon I'm sure!


Comments
Post a Comment