I think the Scott Family has a new December trend: I get sick near Christmas. Last year, the same thing happened. We've just come off of an insanely busy week where Andrew had a bunch of concerts/performances with school, and I was playing flute all weekend for a local church's Christmas musical. On Monday, the boys and I spent the day at home relaxing, catching up, and not doing any schoolwork.
I woke up at 4 am on Tuesday for no reason really, and then slept horribly until I got out of bed at 6:30 with Joey. I could tell that something was up with me; I had sore throat and was feeling gunky in my head. I was unsually toasty too, so I took my temperature and had a bit of a fever. We didn't do school on Tuesday again, I went ahead and canceled a little Friday morning Christmas party we had set up with friends because I didn't have energy to plan/prep for it, and I started feeling like a let-down of a mom and friend!! Everything caught up with me and I cried on and off most of the morning. Not fun. My poor boys!! Ben was so sweet and brought me a cup of water to make me feel better. Thanks to tv, computer, and Wii, we survived the day and Andrew was a HUGE help all evening getting the house back in order and keeping the boys entertained.
This morning I woke up feeling much less sick but exhausted. Regardless of how I was feeling, Andrew had to go to school for at least the morning, and if I needed him to come home at lunchtime, he'd be able to do that. All morning all I wanted to do was go back to bed and sleep more, and the boys (who had been stuck in the house since the weekend) were very stir crazy and there wasn't an ounce of energy in me to take them out or even have friends come over. Andrew came home at 11:30, took the boys to the Pizza Hut lunch buffet and McDonald's playland, and I slept for 4 hours! I wonder if something is up with my sinuses or if I have an ear infection or something. My fever is gone, but I still have the post-nasal-drip sore throat and some mild ear pain/pressure. If I'm not back to feeling at least a little better tomorrow, I'll see if I can get in to the doctor.
In the meantime, we are looking forward to Friday with open arms because it's Andrew's last day of school for 2 whole weeks!!
I woke up at 4 am on Tuesday for no reason really, and then slept horribly until I got out of bed at 6:30 with Joey. I could tell that something was up with me; I had sore throat and was feeling gunky in my head. I was unsually toasty too, so I took my temperature and had a bit of a fever. We didn't do school on Tuesday again, I went ahead and canceled a little Friday morning Christmas party we had set up with friends because I didn't have energy to plan/prep for it, and I started feeling like a let-down of a mom and friend!! Everything caught up with me and I cried on and off most of the morning. Not fun. My poor boys!! Ben was so sweet and brought me a cup of water to make me feel better. Thanks to tv, computer, and Wii, we survived the day and Andrew was a HUGE help all evening getting the house back in order and keeping the boys entertained.
This morning I woke up feeling much less sick but exhausted. Regardless of how I was feeling, Andrew had to go to school for at least the morning, and if I needed him to come home at lunchtime, he'd be able to do that. All morning all I wanted to do was go back to bed and sleep more, and the boys (who had been stuck in the house since the weekend) were very stir crazy and there wasn't an ounce of energy in me to take them out or even have friends come over. Andrew came home at 11:30, took the boys to the Pizza Hut lunch buffet and McDonald's playland, and I slept for 4 hours! I wonder if something is up with my sinuses or if I have an ear infection or something. My fever is gone, but I still have the post-nasal-drip sore throat and some mild ear pain/pressure. If I'm not back to feeling at least a little better tomorrow, I'll see if I can get in to the doctor.
In the meantime, we are looking forward to Friday with open arms because it's Andrew's last day of school for 2 whole weeks!!
Comments
Post a Comment