Skip to main content

This Too Shall Pass

In the last 10 days, 4/5ths of us have had fevers, achy parts, drippy noses, stuffy noses, and used 2 boxes of kleenexes and a lot of colloidal silver, essential oils, and pain relievers.  One of us had a sinus infection and the subsequent antibiotics put her body into an anxiety-riddled tailspin and lost 5 pounds, and one of us still has a bad sore throat and laryngitis.  Victim 4 fell tonight and now it seems like it's just a matter of time for the 5th one - the Daddy - falls.

Comparatively, the Great Spring Virus of 2015 is nothing next to the trials so many families are facing.  I really want to have a little pity party and buy myself a present and eat potato chips and chocolate.  But in the long run, it's just an annoyance from which we will recover and move on.

But in the moment, it sucks.  It's a big deal for the kids and me to go a week, let alone 10 days, without getting out; we value our at-home time but we value our time in community a lot too.  And with the third kiddo falling tonight, we're sentenced to at least another day or two in isolation.  Two weeks off school is now going to push us further into summer.  The planned date night for Friday is now off the table.

I have no great, deep insights tonight other than what I read the boys tonight from Jesus Calling for Children:  God sees yesterday, today, and tomorrow all at the same time.  He sees the big picture, the why of this dreaded 2 weeks of viral fun.  I just see the viral fun, which is, indeed, not fun. And I need to echo the angels in Isaiah 6:3.
  

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.

This too shall pass.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog