I can't seem to get an organized thought going here to put a period on our winter activities. It was winter. It was cold. There was some snow, some illness, but all in all, good times.
But here it is the beginning of April and the time of year we see new life begin before our very eyes. I always love fresh starts, and it's almost what I feel I need right now. Winter was fine, but I feel like I've been draggy the last few weeks anxiously awaiting our trip to Disney, seeming to not get much accomplished. Or I would get stuff accomplished and I didn't feel like I did? Know what I mean??
Big picture for spring is definitely SCHOOLWORK. We still have a little ways to go in both curriculum and total hours for the school year. We probably won't be done by the end of May but I'm kind of glad. We need stuff to keep us busy. Our Classical Conversations year is over and it was a good one. I'm so proud of the boys who definitely work their tails off throughout the 24 weeks that we meet as a community. Here's a little snapshot of the end page of our cycle 3 work in our book. It shows everything they memorized and learned about this year! The best part is that we do this in a community setting - moms and dads interacting, supporting, helping, serving, and praying for one another. This is how it's meant to be done, friends!
Ben started his baseball season last week with the St. Charles Jr. Baseball/Softball Association. This will be a challenge for him because he's one of the younger kids on the team and it's kid-pitch now. He's on the Meyer Real Estate team and will don black and gold, and we finally have to buy him real baseball pants. :-)
Joey doesn't have a desire for any organized sports no matter what we offer him, so we are just sitting back and encouraging the things he does like to do here on the homefront.
Hannah fully embodies everything that goes into the phrase "threenager" and gives us sass, drama, and opinions at every turn. She started letting herself out the back door this past week (which the boys never did!) so we had to get some safety hardware up high on the frame. This girl keeps us on our toes.
Today is Andrew's last day of spring break and I had full intentions of starting school after 2 weeks off. But wouldn't you know it, my typical spring sinus troubles overwhelmed me and my whole body has hurt and ached all day. Very very frustrating and irritating. Plan B is to send Daddy out the door in the morning and hit the books.
We look forward to finishing our school year strong and enjoying the lovely weather that is headed our way!!
We look forward to finishing our school year strong and enjoying the lovely weather that is headed our way!!
Comments
Post a Comment