Skip to main content

A Report by Hannah

Ah boo bleee ahh maaaa dooooo

Translation:
Hannah here!  It seemed like a great time to tell you about myself since so much has changed since I turned one back in February.  And my mom actually took pictures of me while we played together yesterday, so I'll show you those at the end.  She hardly ever takes pictures of me.  I hear she has made my brothers these beautiful scrapbooks and I've never seen her work on any of that stuff since I've been alive.  I wonder why that could be.

I will be 17 months next week and am doing all sorts of things that are fun.  I run around a LOT.  I just started learning how to climb on our kid-sized chairs and other low things like the storage ottoman.  I can almost get on the couch.  Mom just learned today that I'm tall enough to reach up on the kitchen counter and steal things that are right on the edge.  Today I managed to steal sliced up cucumbers from my brothers' lunch plates.  I also stole the package of wipes from the hutch in the dining room and pulled most of them out.  Ha ha!  Every time Mom and Dad think they have me figured out, I learn a new trick.  I like keeping them on their toes.  Hee hee!

I don't really have words yet, so to compensate I yell out a loud screechy scream to get everyone's attention.  I say uh-oh with precision, however.  I just started babble talking to everyone.  I have a lot going on in my brain and have to get it out somehow, so I look intently at whoever is around and say whatever syllables can come out of my mouth.  Mom and Dad think it's just about the cutest thing ever. 

I love to sit on laps to read books and am starting to mimic animal sounds.  I also love to empty and fill containers with whatever objects are around.   I really love babies (dolls and stuffed animals) and hug and kiss them and put them in my toy high chair to feed with a spoon.  Mom says I'm a girly girl because I gravitate to pink things, put on bracelets [which includes anything I can put around my wrist like cookie cutters], finding shoes and putting them on, and using my brush to make my hair pretty.

Some things lately have been making me mad, like when my parents tell me "no" or I can't get the things I want, or something is taken away from me.  Can you believe it?  I show my parents though.  I give them dirty looks and throw things.  When they ignore that I stick my fingers far in my mouth to gag myself.  I don't think they are buying it. 

Here are some of the pictures Mom took during our playtime yesterday.  Yay!  Bye bye!

Playing with the shape sorter.  I can't do it unless Mom helps me.

 
 Got in the chair all by myself!


 
This is the face I make when I'm very intent on whatever it is I'm doing.  I close my mouth and keep my lips shut tight.  It's my concentration face.

Feeding my lamb a snack.  I have a spoon but my hand is blocking it.

Time to brush my hair!
 
I like to live on the edge.
 
 Hey, that's my name!
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog