I wrote I Hate Exercise about 1 1/2 years ago. Part II comes today and even though I haven't even done "real exercise" since that fateful morning in May 2011, I STILL HATE IT.
I haven't lost the baby weight, which is totally fine. She isn't even a year old yet. But I am squishy in places I've never been squishy before. I feel like my face looks too full in our recent family pictures. I want more energy.
I was able to drop about 20 pounds after Joey was born, which even included the initial baby weight from Ben. I gained about 5-10 back in the months leading up to this last pregnancy, and then there was pregnancy. To lose those 20 lbs, all I did was really watch my carb intake and weight just fell off. However that was 4 years ago and I'm guessing those 4 years did a small number on my body. :-) I tried really monitoring my eating for about 4 weeks in late summer... maybe I dropped a pound or two. I stopped watching what I was eating and I didn't gain anything, which tells me one thing: the hard truth is that I must exercise.
I'm not a slave to the size of my clothes. I'm more concerned with the results of a lipid panel through bloodwork (especially since cholesterol issues run in my family). I don't want or need to be a size 6 -- althought that would be nice -- I just want to know that my body is healthy.
My sister Kristy is a school librarian and mom to 2 kiddos. In the last year or maybe even more, she started a work out routine. Even though she has always been thin, she dropped about a pants size (or more, don't remember!) and has really toned up. OHHH Kristy how you inspire me... your alarm is going off at 4:30, you're off to teach, and then spend the rest of the day with Kaylie and Nathan. I don't know how you doooooooo it!! If she can find time in her incredibly busy day, I sure as H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks can.
I dusted off my weights and my Jillian dvd. I'm going to go tuck Ben in bed now.
And I'm going to do it.
I haven't lost the baby weight, which is totally fine. She isn't even a year old yet. But I am squishy in places I've never been squishy before. I feel like my face looks too full in our recent family pictures. I want more energy.
I was able to drop about 20 pounds after Joey was born, which even included the initial baby weight from Ben. I gained about 5-10 back in the months leading up to this last pregnancy, and then there was pregnancy. To lose those 20 lbs, all I did was really watch my carb intake and weight just fell off. However that was 4 years ago and I'm guessing those 4 years did a small number on my body. :-) I tried really monitoring my eating for about 4 weeks in late summer... maybe I dropped a pound or two. I stopped watching what I was eating and I didn't gain anything, which tells me one thing: the hard truth is that I must exercise.
I'm not a slave to the size of my clothes. I'm more concerned with the results of a lipid panel through bloodwork (especially since cholesterol issues run in my family). I don't want or need to be a size 6 -- althought that would be nice -- I just want to know that my body is healthy.
My sister Kristy is a school librarian and mom to 2 kiddos. In the last year or maybe even more, she started a work out routine. Even though she has always been thin, she dropped about a pants size (or more, don't remember!) and has really toned up. OHHH Kristy how you inspire me... your alarm is going off at 4:30, you're off to teach, and then spend the rest of the day with Kaylie and Nathan. I don't know how you doooooooo it!! If she can find time in her incredibly busy day, I sure as H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks can.
I dusted off my weights and my Jillian dvd. I'm going to go tuck Ben in bed now.
And I'm going to do it.
Good work!
ReplyDelete