Skip to main content

One Hundred Days

Yesterday marked our 100th day of homeschool!  We keep track every day in Ben's math workbook, and since we do math every school day, it's the easiest way to know how far we've come.  I really wanted to make it a celebration, but with very limited prep time these days I wasn't sure what I could pull off.  Thanks to the beauty of the internet and free printables, I was able to find a handful of activities that we did throughout the day yesterday.

We started off making 100 Trail Mix.  We found 10 different snack items in the pantry and had to count 10 pieces of each food.  

For some reason it's not rotating!  Turn your head!

Then we moved on to a 100-count dot to dot puzzle and a coloring page.  

Then a miracle happened.  I got Ben to do a craft!  He does not enjoy them and when we do attempt anything crafty, it lasts about 5 minutes.  But these were 100 glasses that we could decorate.  I think glitter was the big hit to keep things interesting.

We stopped there to feed baby sister, and then we met friends at Chick-Fil-A to celebrate our big achievement!  The kids all had fun and I was glad to sit and chat with my dear friend while the kids went into the play area after eating.

After we got home and had some chill time, we sat down to have some ice cream!  While the boys were eating, we read Psalm 100.  It's a very short Psalm and it is chalk-full of praise and thanksgiving.  I found a cute printable online where we could write in 100 things we're thankful for.  That made for a fun (and cute) discussion!


That was just about it for our day - Mommy was tired!  But we did model our 100 glasses when Daddy got home so he could take our picture!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog