Skip to main content

36 1/2 Weeks / 9 Months!

I *almost* have a little tear in my eye when I say this is the last month of pregnancy.  Where did the time go??

If you don't like TMI-type details, please skip to the next paragraph.  :-)  I just saw the doctor this morning and am already at 2 cm!  Cervix is very very soft but hasn't started to thin out yet.  When he felt her head she floated away, so she's not "engaged" in the pelvis.  I'll see him again on Friday the 17th, and he said he would stretch my cervix, which means he manually dilates to the next cm.  It gives a 50/50 chance of triggering labor (when he tried it with Joey, it didn't work.  I'm willing to give it a shot again!).  Andrew has a 4 day weekend next weekend, so it would be pretty ideal!  But I also know that if she's not ready, she'll stay put, and I'm ok with that.  For now.  Ha!

The only not-so-exciting report from the doctor is that I tested positive for the Group B Strep bacteria, which can cause illness for the baby if she happens to contract it during delivery.  I'll just have to be treated with antibiotics while in labor and it shouldn't be an issue for Hannah.

My belly is still measuring at the 50th percentile and he said he's pretty sure she will not be a 9 pounder like Joey.  And after looking back through my pregnancy journal, I was pretty miserable at this point with Joey, which isn't a surprise given how big he already would have been at 36.5 weeks and delivering 2 weeks later.  My back was really a mess and I was on the heating pad every night.  I do feel the regular aches and pains of the last couple weeks of pregnancy, but that's really it for my overall physical condition.  Seems logical that she would maybe be smaller and not so big of a pain, literally. 

<--- For a fun comparison and blast from the past, this is what I looked like a couple days before Joey was born.  I think it's safe to say I was much fuller from top to bottom; after all, I'm wearing a purple shirt under the green one for full coverage!

A big hurdle we also cleared was Andrew securing a real music sub for the time he takes off from school after Hannah comes.  With contest season just a month away, even just a few lost days of rehearsal can really set the groups back.  He found a guy who student taught in the district last year and is currently subbing.  Hooray!!

Now that the 36th week has commenced, the final baby preparations have gotten underway. I've packed the hospital bag much as I can and have a list of the last minute things that will need to go in, and I sterilized binkies. I learned this lesson the hard way when NO bag was packed for Ben's birth at 37 1/2 weeks and I was sterilizing binkies at 3 am while having contractions! The car seat has been washed and is ready to go in the van. The formula sample bottles and regular bottles now have a home in the kitchen. Our hospital is just 5 minutes away, so I told Andrew I'm not quite as worried about his things getting packed ahead of time. He can make quick runs home as necessary to get stuff!




Her name letters hang where the crib will go when we put that back out.

I'm really looking forward to next Saturday morning when we take the boys to the hospital for the big siblings class.  We'll get a tour of the OB floor and they'll learn how babies act and how to help take care of a baby.  And another fun event will take place Sunday afternoon when the gals at church will host a baby shower for us.  I really like these activities on the calendar because they are totally helping time pass quickly!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog