Can't believe there's just a couple weeks till the 3rd trimester, and a little over 3 months 'till the due date! At the 6 month mark, here's how things are going:
-
I'm tired. My brain forgets I'm this far along now and I just don't have the energy to make it through the whole day unless I pace myself. This past Monday I ran hard all morning/early afternoon and was good for nothing after about 4:00. I don't necessarily need a nap, but my body simply needs some rest. I caught a 15 minute cat nap the other afternoon which made a huge difference in my energy level the rest of the day.24 weeks... picture taken by Ben! - Doesn't matter what I eat... most days I'm knocking back about 6 Tums. This is typical for me, and if it goes the way it has in the past, heartburn shouldn't get much worse.
- There are lots of wiggles in my belly!!! Hannah is a mover and a shaker these days while she's still small and has room. She tap dances on my bladder a lot, and she's big enough now that I often feel her in two opposite places at once.
- Had an ultrasound last week to get pictures of her heart (which we couldn't get at the 20 wk ultrasound) and she looked great! She's estimated to be about 1 pound and 4 oz. My doctor said that puts her around the 45th percentile, and if she follows that growth track would be born at about 7 1/2 pounds. It's going to be really interesting to see how big she will be at birth and as a baby in general. Both boys were big at birth and continued on that track. Will she actually be a dainty little girl or a chunk like the rest of these Scott babies?
- I sat down the other day and made a list of things we need for her arrival. Believe it or not, clothes shouldn't be one of them! We've got hand-me-downs coming from my sister and a couple friends. But the wonderful thing is that our list of needs isn't very long!
- One of our needs is new bottles. I've not done the newborn thing since developing the anxiety problems, and we have already decided it'll be in everyone's best interest if I go back on my medication (which is not breastmilk safe) immediately following birth, just to be safe. This means formula feeding will happen from the get-go. It's sad, but at the same time it hasn't worked the last two times, so the chances of it working this time probably aren't great. I am excited to go a new route for bottles. We're going to give the drop-ins a try. Without a dishwasher, the convenience of not having to scrub out bottles on a daily basis will be a huge treat and vacation! Totally worth every cent of those goofy liners. :-)
- I failed my 1 hour glucose test ... I am blaming the fact that I engorged on Steak n Shake the night before... oooooops. I go back tomorrow morning for the 3 hour test, which will be a pain in the neck. I'm a breakfast person even when I'm not pregnant, and I'll end up having to wait until about 10:30 before I can eat. I will NOT be eating Steak N Shake tonight!!
Comments
Post a Comment