 |
| Ben and Jenn's Christmas medicine collection |
Germy times have fallen on the Scott household and it's been a long couple of days. We have been home all week and I thought we'd have a few days of being out and about, maybe doing some special things with the kids. Ben missed Monday at school because he was sick on Sunday. Wednesday was his last day of pre-school and Andrew and I both helped at his classroom party (which was VERY fun!).
Thursday afternoon I called up my friend Heather to see if our family could hang out with their family that night, and while I was on the phone with her I noticed that Ben felt hot. Again. His temp was only at 100, but the cough he's had the last week or so was actually sounding worse and was especially bothering him at nighttime. Knowing that we're traveling this coming week, Ben got into the doctor at 4:40 that afternoon and came home with some prescription cough medicine. In the meantime, the cold I had started getting worse too. I tried a neti pot for the first time yesterday and I felt great after the first flush of my nasal passages. I tried it a second time last night when I was really really stuffed up and hardly any water came out. Yikes!! The pressure in my head and ears was bad enough today that I called the doctor and got some antibiotics for what I feel is a sinus infection. And with all the let-downs of feeling awful, cabin fever, missing family, etc., many tears came out of my eyeballs this afternoon, and although I rarely cry, it was therapeutic and I felt better afterwords.
 |
| Christmassy ice cream for my poor little sick-o |
|
|
 |
| Poor guy was on the couch most of the day today |
On the plus side, we had our Christmas morning on Thursday. Knowing we'd be gone starting on Christmas day, we didn't want to have them open gifts, then have to leave everything behind for almost a week. The new goodies have helped distract the boys from all of our being stuck indoors. Here are a couple pictures from that. Hope you and your family stay HEALTHY... Merry Christmas.
 |
| Reading the Christmas Story |
 |
| "Wow!" |
 |
| "Just what I wanted!" |
Sorry you guys are so sicky!!! Make sure you are all healthy for New Years!!! Merry Christmas Scott family!
ReplyDelete