Skip to main content

Festive Days

We have been busy so far this December with Christmassy things.  Joey and I do a lot of shopping while Ben is in pre-school because Joey is totally oblivious to what I'm putting in the cart.  Most of our family gifts have been purchased and now I just need to wrap it all!

Andrew has 3 of 5 concerts/community performances done.  He's been gone a lot and his boys miss him.  :-(  His last day of school is the 17th and we're VERY ready for it to be here.

We scored the Little People Nativity set for $14 instead of $30 (thanks to Target's sale and a raincheck!).  Joey has been having a blast with it; he calls it the Farm.  When he wants to play with Baby Jesus, he says "I need Jesus!" and it's so stinkin' cute.  I especially love how the vehicles drove through Bethlehem!  Speaking of Joey, we had a quick visit to the doctor's office after he came down with a fever after being exposed to strep throat.  No strep for him though, whew!  His fever just lasted a day and he had some questionable #2 diapers.  I'll take that, especially when I hear that stomach flu is really really going around right now.  Eeek. 

Benjamin's heart is so tender for God's Word, which is amazing.  He makes sure we do our Jesse tree devotion and ornament each night, and Biblical truths are really starting to sink in to his brain.  He also HAS to read his Jesus Storybook Bible (which we love and HIGHLY recommend) each night.  We almost always read the story of David and Goliath, and his new favorite is Jonah and the Whale.  The neat thing about this Bible is that each story, even ones in the Old Testament, point to Jesus.  The story of Jonah talks about how Jonah was a messenger to the people of Ninevah, and that another Messenger would one day come to bring the same message of God's love and forgiveness to His people.  And without telling him, Ben knew that was Jesus!  I look forward to seeing how Ben grows in his faith as he gets older.  I pray that this passion for God's Word continues in his life.  If only I was so diligent!!

Comments

  1. I LOVE the Jesus Story Book Bible!! I think it is going to become my "go to" gift for baby showers with first babies! We read Jonah and David and Goliath all the time too!! That and Daniel and the Lion's Den!! I think after Christmas I might start from the beginning and try to go through the whole thing with the kiddos. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog