Skip to main content

When Anxiety Returns

Since many have followed my anxiety issues over the years, and in the spirit of real-ness and authenticity, I feel like it's good to share.  The last couple weeks I've had a recurrence of anxiety issues that I've been working to overcome.  As discouraging and weighty as it feels, I am thankful that I am smarter about these things than I once was and I know that it's a symptom of an underlying issue.  I've noticed other symptoms that point to hormone issues, specifically thyroid.  Since I haven't had it checked ever I pursued it.  Results should come midweek and I'll be discussing them with my naturopath.  Ever since pursuing holistic treatments and lifestyle, I feel so much more in tune with my body and I can tell so much easier when something is off kilter.  Something has indeed been off for a little while now and I'm honestly almost hoping there IS a thyroid issue so it can be fixed and I can move on!

The kids and I don't have traditional insurance.  Instead we use a medical cost-sharing program, and in this program all preventative care, which includes labs, isn't covered.  And when you're paying out of pocket, labwork is ridiculously expensive.  Thankfully though I found a website that lets you order most standard labs at actual cost -- the full thyroid panel + an iodine serum totaled about $200 as opposed to the $700+ inflated insurance price that Quest quoted me.  I don't like having to spend that much on myself, but I have come to learn that the price tag is absolutely worth my health and well being.

I know I've been under additional stress as we've started the new school year and my CC community gets underway.  It's common knowledge that stress will manifest itself physically.

To combat it I've been upping my magnesium intake for starters, as it is leeched by stress.  I started listening to some podcasts with techniques for dealing with anxiety, which has truly been helpful.  From one podcast I learned about an herbal tincture called Rescue Remedy, which has been around about 80 years.  I had never heard of it before!  It has great reviews and I was able to pick it up today at GNC, last one on the shelf.  I look forward to trying it when I'm feeling crummy.

I've also been telling people.  I know that these anxious feelings are not of the Lord.  It took me a little while to "confess" to Andrew what had been going on.  But once I did I felt so much better.  And  then I told a few friends.  Felt even better.  Exposing it to the Light is so important as I feel the enemy trying to exploit a weakness in my life at a time when the Lord has called me to big things.

Satan picked the wrong woman to mess with.  :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog