Well, our "baby" isn't much of a baby anymore! She's a big-girl-bed sleeping, self-pottying, almost-preschooler.
Before we went off to CC this morning, I filled her tummy with one of her favorite breakfasts, a Dutch Baby (we renamed it "big circle pancake") complete with sprinkles.
After tutoring at CC I usually need a little rest, so she watched her favorite tv shows while we cuddled on the couch. Then I tiptoed into the dining room to get the table ready for our little family celebration. I made homemade red velvet cupcakes (without the red food coloring, so I guess that just makes them chocolate??!!) and buttercream frosting. The bunting across the window was part of Hannah's first birthday gift from her Great Uncle and Aunt, Allan and Kim. It's personalized with her name and a perfect accessory for every party!
When she came in and saw everything, she said, "Oooh it's so pretty!" She had to check everything out. (While I'm not a fan of the snow-covered ground, it sure did give me excellent lighting!)
We headed into her room to play with the new stuff. Joey really took one for the team and made the ultimate sacrifice - he offered to put together her new Lego set. ;-)
We finished up the night at Chick-Fil-A, Hannah's birthday dinner location of choice. Our good friends the Ramseys joined us, which was so special because they are like family to us! And when real family isn't in town, having friends like that is a true gift!
Before we went off to CC this morning, I filled her tummy with one of her favorite breakfasts, a Dutch Baby (we renamed it "big circle pancake") complete with sprinkles.
After tutoring at CC I usually need a little rest, so she watched her favorite tv shows while we cuddled on the couch. Then I tiptoed into the dining room to get the table ready for our little family celebration. I made homemade red velvet cupcakes (without the red food coloring, so I guess that just makes them chocolate??!!) and buttercream frosting. The bunting across the window was part of Hannah's first birthday gift from her Great Uncle and Aunt, Allan and Kim. It's personalized with her name and a perfect accessory for every party!
When she came in and saw everything, she said, "Oooh it's so pretty!" She had to check everything out. (While I'm not a fan of the snow-covered ground, it sure did give me excellent lighting!)
In came Daddy and brothers, and it was time to sing to our girl and open presents.
We finished up the night at Chick-Fil-A, Hannah's birthday dinner location of choice. Our good friends the Ramseys joined us, which was so special because they are like family to us! And when real family isn't in town, having friends like that is a true gift!
Comments
Post a Comment