Skip to main content

Turning Back Time

I'm all sentimental this morning friends.  I get to hang out on the campus of Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville all day today and tomorrow (sans kids, thanks Grandma and Grandpa Scott!) with Andrew.  It's where we met, became the best of friends, and became more than friends 2 months before graduating.  There's a 2 day honor band festival that Andrew is bringing a few band kids to and I am his chaperone.  Ha!  He doesn't actually need one, but he was sure happy to know I could accompany him.
 
It got me thinking about some of my favorite people from my SIUE days:  Andrew (obviously!), Matt, Gerry, and Adam.  The 4 of them were roommates/suitemates and we lived in the same dorm for 4 years.  They became my brothers.  They watched out for me, hung out with me, and teased me just like brothers should.  And when the other 3 thought Andrew should be interested in me, they would occasionally ask him about it.  My best memories from SIUE involve all 4 of 'em.
 
The extra cool thing is that they all live in St. Charles County now and we get to hang out with their lovely ladies and kids when schedules permit.   

So, here's to you boys! 



By the by, yes, Andrew has some major roots in this above picture.  There was a summer where Andrew buzzed/bleached his hair, and it had to grow out at some point.  He looked like this.  The real Slim Shady, peeps.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog