Hey, I'm back! I feel like I don't have many things these days to splatter up on this blog so I guess posts are coming a little farther apart. But it seemed appropriate to have a good catch-up post since it's been a little bit.
So the screen time ticket venture with the boys has been amazing. They are really into making sure that they "pay" me their 30 or 60 minute ticket before they play. Don't tell them, but I'm considering taking a few away from their weekly allotment because I think we could get away with it!! More than anything, it has set boundaries for ME as I have to set a timer and there is an absolute end by which we all have to abide. If you at all struggle with your kids and screen time, I highly recommend this method that I found thanks to Pinterest.
Homeschooling is fabulous. Just fabulous. I have had two mommy friends contact me in the last month with questions as they are considering homeschooling in their families, and I can't encourage it more. "Special" is such the understatement when I say that it is special to be a part of Ben's learning. The family bond alone that we are establishing is worth it's weight in gold. Then you throw in the fact that Ben's learning is tailor-made just for him... it's absolutely priceless. Monday marks our 100th day of school which is quite an exciting milestone for my boys. We'll be celebrating somehow... I need to get some fun activities together! I'm already starting to peek at curriculum for next year, moreso in looking for good deals because we'll be sticking close to what we've been using this year, just getting the next book in the series. We've made the decision for Joey to start kindergarten in the fall even though his birthday falls just shy of the public school cut off. He's ready for it. It'll be interesting to say the least to now balance two children's lesson plans. But the good thing is that Joey really only has 3 short subjects and we can ease our way in. I think I'm more concerned about having a toddler in the midst of it!! :-)
Hannah is almost a year old. She's all over the place, into a lot of stuff, and is developing quite the independent spirit much like Joey has. I think they will have similar personalities. She's starting to cruise furniture now but is not close to walking, as is the trend with our babies. The boys were over a year old - 13 or 14 months - before they took their first steps. We're looking forward to her birthday party on the 23rd - it's even on her actual birthday!
If you follow us on Facebook, you will have seen in the last week that our car (the one Andrew drives) was hit in the school parking lot while parked and ended up being totaled by insurance. It is wild. Just wild. You wanna know why? That car was turning into a money pit. It needed a new front axle and alternator. The a/c didn't work. The passenger door automatic lock was broken. It smelled like burning rubber. The radio didn't work well. The dashboard lights were messed up. We were ready to sink at least $1000 dollars into it once our tax refund came, and then suddenly one day, it was gone and we got a much MUCH better car at no cost to us. Wild.
Maybe you're reading this and thinking "boy, that's lucky." This isn't luck. This is the God whom I love!! This is the God who aches for relationship with His creation - us! - the God who is involved with all the seemingly small details of our lives. Before I became a Christ follower I thought that God had bigger things to take care of in the world like starvation and homelessness and war. I thought I was too small of an issue for Him to worry about and I was doing fine taking care of myself. But I quickly learned that God is in the details because he loves us... because our names are engraved on His mighty hands (Isaiah 49:16)... because He knows the number of hairs on the tops of our heads (Matthew 10:30).
We're not inconsequential to Him and neither are our lives.
If you doubt this, I pray that you see it and believe it.
Don't just believe in Him...
Believe Him.
Comments
Post a Comment