Skip to main content

Almost 17 Weeks

I officially hit 17 weeks tomorrow (Friday) and I really can't believe how fast it's gone so far.  It just seems like with the first two pregnancies, getting remotely close to the halfway point took forever. 

Right now I have absolutely nothing to complain about.  I have more energy than I thought possible while being a pregnant, homeschooling, potty-training momma.  The second trimester energy burst is a huge blessing.  Occasionally I have some very mild heartburn after dinner, but it's nothing a Tums can't fix.  My belly really rounded out in the last 4 weeks (see the 12 week picture on Facebook). 

I've really been hoping that I could start feeling the baby kick because I started feeling it with Joey at just 15 weeks.  I possibly did feel it on Monday night and a few times since then, but it seems like each time I happen to be moving at the exact same time, so it's hard to be confident.  It'll probably just be a matter of a week or so though, and then before I know it I will be wishing the baby wasn't so active! 

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and everything was great.  Heard baby's heartbeat (doc said it was in the 140s, just like Ben and Joey).  Baby was pretty active in there because there were lots of strong gleeps in the heartbeat pattern.  My ultrasound will be Friday, October 14th.  My doctor told me come back in 3-4 weeks including my midpoint ultrasound, and you can bet I asked the receptionist for 3 weeks!  We will find out the gender.  Everyone asks if I'm hoping for a girl, and my answer is that we just want God's will for our family.  If that means 3 boys, then that's the best scenario God has for our family.  We didn't have another baby to "try for a girl."  We are having another baby because we knew our family was still incomplete with two children. 

Over the next several weeks the baby is expected to go through a growth spurt, so that means my belly will too.  I'm looking forward to looking more pregnant and less flabby!  :-) 

Comments

  1. SO your comments about feeling Joey moving early made me laugh a little because I was the same way with Caitlin and it sounds to me like Joey and Caitlin are one in the same in terms of energy and personality :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog