Spring is in full swing and we're enjoying it when the weather cooperates. So is this Barn Swallow (and the mate) who have chosen to make our carport their new home. They started hanging around yesterday. I did a little reading up on Barn Swallows, and found that the pair is "married." They are very territorial, not so much with us (thankfully!) but with other birds. Yesterday I saw them beat up a crow who got too close to their chosen home, even though there isn't even a nest built! Today they're working on the nest and every time I go look at it, there is more mud. The website said they are pretty human-friendly and they exclusively eat bugs (my kind of bird!). The neatest thing about them is how they fly. They are small, fast, and very acrobatic. It's cool to watch them come and go.
We hit Wapelhorst Park last week and I took some cute pictures of the boys.
They indulged me and my camera.
![]() |
| Ben requested I take his picture here on this rock. We did a few years ago and he remembered that! |
We visited Andrew's high school on Wednesday afternoon! The vocational classes have spent the last three years designing and building an outdoor amphitheater outside the cafeteria. For the grand opening, the band, orchestra, and chamber choir sang. We went out to cheer on our favorite director, Daddy!!
They created a stage area and a rock landscape with a fountain. Really pretty. I wonder if they'll do the same thing in my back yard if I donate it in the name of education???!!!
Learning the 4 pattern from the conductor
The chamber choir sang an a capella tune, and wouldn't you know it, their beat-box girl couldn't be there. Andrew went ahead and made the sacrifice to fill in (note sarcasm, please).
SO there you have it!! More Scott Family adventures coming soon...








Comments
Post a Comment