Skip to main content

Moving on Down

We have a basement bedroom that doubles as a playroom and guest room.  We've said for a long time that it would turn into Ben's bedroom... some day.  The decor will be really easy to change over - navy blue paint on the bottom half of the wall, baby blue on top, and a light house border in the middle.  The plan is to strip the lighthouses and put up a sports border, and voila, instant boy room!  We've actually started the border removal process but haven't finished it, because after all, it would be his room some day.

We've talked with Ben about it becoming his room some day.  Two nights ago Ben suggested he'd sleep down there.  He fell asleep and we brought him upstairs.  Yesterday morning when he awoke in his upstairs bedroom, he said he wanted to sleep downstairs all night.  He did.  And loved it.  I'm not too sure how I feel about it.  I had it in my mind that we wouldn't move him down until we had another baby and needed the upstairs bedroom space!!  I just assumed he wasn't ready for it yet.  He's just growing up and becoming quite the big boy. 

So I guess some day is here now... anyone wanna help me strip wallpaper border?!
The slept-in bed... sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog