Skip to main content

Baby Thoughts


Two years ago (almost exactly to the day!), I looked like this.  This was taken just a handful of days before Joey was born.  We had no idea it was a 9 pounder taking up residence in there!

Several friends have delivered babies in the last month.  Several more are expecting within the next 9 months.  We are asked all the time if/when we're going to have more kids.  We definitely want at least one more (and no, it's not to try for a girl, although a little pink in my life would be fantastic!).  All this baby commotion caused me to start having some baby desires, but I was confused because I knew we both really wanted Joey to be out of diapers and to be 3 before the next one came along. 

I have realized in the last couple weeks a change in Joey's behavior.  He is finally coming out of his crazy-getting-into-everything stage.  I don't know if it's because he's getting some good one-on-one time with me while Ben is in school, or if it's because he turns 2 next weekend, but he's so much more "mature" and enjoyable and I find myself falling in love with the boy all over again!!!  So as I contemplated all of this last week, the Lord reminded me that there is no rush into the next baby.  I love that God knows our thoughts and our desires, and that we don't even have to be praying about something for Him to whisper into our lives. I spent the last 4 1/2 years raising my babies during their most demanding years - the first two!  As soon as Ben came out of the baby stage, Joey came along.  God reminded me to ENJOY this period of "rest" and breathe for awhile.  I am most content to do that, and even more content that I haven't invented this theory on my own, but it comes from the One who knows Andrew and me best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog